To this end, the board struck up a sub-committee of members of the community to devise a process to select and approve projects for funding/support.
Here's how it works.
- An applicant completes a form describing their project and how much funding they're requesting for from the LVCA.
- Request is received by the LVCA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The request is posted on the LVCA’s web site, Facebook page, etc. along with the date when the Executive is going to consider the request.
- Each member of the Executive rates the request using the rating criteria.
- The Executive meets to discuss the request and makes a decision on the request. (If appropriate the Executive consults with the city.)
- The secretary summarizes the ratings of the request, the decision and the reason behind the decision.
- The Executive’s secretary informs the requestor of the decision.
- The summary is posted on the Executive’s communications vehicles (website, Facebook, etc.)
So, get the funding request form here and send us your ideas!