Location: Lynwood Village community building (7 Sycamore Dr)
- Jean-Luc Cooke (President)
- Alisha Lagasi (Tresurer)
- Tafline Tong (Booking Director)
- Shannon Kenney (Secretary)
- Introduction of community association board members
- The floor is given to councillor Rick Chiarelli to discuss recent activities in Bells Corners
- There will be in-community meeting (date& location TBD) on 2 new proposed housing developments (on top of the Loblaws and another beside the rail tracks along Stafford)
- Height - 20 stories and 8 stories;
- No timeline yet, but possibly beginning summer 2019; will be rentals and options to buy;
- Possible ramifications for trailer park: depends if owner in Alberta wants to sell.
- Marilyn: can we get wi-fi in community building?
- Passed a resolution requesting it from the city. Jenny at the city will look into it. Need to go through official channels to city wi-fi provider.
- Strange box with antenna on a post at Longwood and Ridgefield:
- Someone else had mentioned it to Jenny (City) and she'll update JLC when she has more info. Possibly an external utilities pole.
- Transit from DND to Bells Corners:
- at city council will make the independent transit commission a committee of council as transit changes in BC are necessary.
- LRT phase 2 is delayed by 3 months
- Phase 1 delay due to:
- mechanical issues, falling cement, water in stations, software to model light rail is crashing + subject to hacking attempts
- DA Moodie campus (Marilyn): on NCC land.
- The school board hasn't declared the property surplus and won't sell it yet, because it falls on Anishnaabe land and there are a number of legal hurdles for the property. For the time being, it's still in the possession of the school board.
- Tafline had to leave the meeting early. She will continue in her role. Marilyn offered to help, but it's best if one person does it so no communications are lost.
- JLC: rink maintainer is back, he's done it for 2 winters.
- will set up a text message chain for help when he's flooding the rink.
- JLC: There will be a park event in the spring (Fun Day?) to open the new park
- Tristan to join board as director of communications (to help with our FB, email list, webpage)
- Marilyn: how to book the space : send email via the Contact Us page accessible from the Lynwood-BellsCorners.ca webpage (http://www.lynwood-bellscorners.ca/2011/06/contacting-lvca.html)
- We could put up a poster in the building on how to book the space
- Regular tenants: Bosnian dance group, BCCY, Girl Guides, Nursery school
- LVCA manages the building bookings to keep costs down for residents
- Would like to plan a winter family fun day but need volunteers. Past events have included: hot chocolate, chili cook off, Xmas party with movie
- Tristan: will do more collaborations with Westcliffe in the future to pair the resources
- Mention of Wednesday afternoon socials (open events for residents)
Board position elections
- Tristan: elected Director of Communications
- Tafline: re-elected Booking Director
- Shannon: will remain in contact with the board until park project is completed but in a limited capacity
- Alisha: re-elected as Treasurer
- Jean Luc: re-elected as President
- Grant Stein joined as Secretary / Director at Large
Presentation of Financials (can link to separate document with Financials)
- Communicate to city our formal request for public WiFi in the Lynwood building [done as of 2018-11-20]
- Communicate with Tristan to get access to web, FB and MailChimp mailing list [done as of 2018-11-20]
- Post minutes and Financials on LVCA site [done as of 2018-11-25] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DONIOM4Kix9xeegvUSxJN9G43RAt3kko/view?usp=sharing